June 12, 2008

Calling all photographers!!

So...I've got the church and the reception booked. Now what?!! here I'm thinking..I have time...plenty of time. Ha! Ya right! With all these graduation parties and birthday parties, I feel like time is flying by so fast! Ya..ya I know we haven't even been engaged for a month yet. But after this month of parties we will only have 10 months left! So, I've been trying to get the necessities done...like a DJ and a Florist and a PHOTOGRAPHER! Because without the photographer you have nothing.....all the cake will be eaten, the flowers will die, and the DJ will be just a memory...So in order to keep all those memories alive forever, generation to generation...you have to have a GREAT photographer.

I've been looking a lot lately...I have an appointment with Bella Pictures on Monday. But after I made the appointment I started reading reviews and what not. And now I'm worried...it's a franchise. And lots of people say you don't even meet with your photographer until 2 weeks befoer the wedding...And lots of mixed (mostly negative) reviews. So..WHY pay all that money for just a HUGE headache!??? I have been looking all night and I found Essence Photography. They were voted #1 by theknot.com in the chicagoland area!!!!!! And let me just say my breath was taken away. Not only did I see some amazing photos but the prices aren't that shabby either (compared to some I've seen!). I also found MY bouquet! Look at the bride with the white bouquet filled with lilies, roses, calla lilies....you can't miss it. I LOVE it!!!!!!!!! This is what I want mine to look like. To me I feel like it was a sign, that they should be my photographer.....Call me crazy....call me whatever! But I love them!!!

I'm going to try and set up an appointment really soon. They are located in Schaumburg...it will be a bit of a hike, but I think its well worth it! Keep your fingers crossed that it goes well!

So..anyone know of a good DJ? One that isn't cheesy???? I HATE cheesy DJ's especially since he will be like the 'master of ceremonies' at the reception...I don't want some shmoe!

0 comments: