July 4, 2008

Shopping with Grams

My Grams and I went dress shopping yesterday..and Boy Oh Boy it was fun!!! Her and I CLASH a lot sometimes, but it was great! We had a long drive there and back, had lunch and talked wedding stuff! It was a lot of fun!

Best part is I think I found MY dress!!!!! It has been really hard to find what I'm looking for. I don't want to be the bride you see in every magazine and in every picture. You know, the cookie cutter brides. The ones that are strapless..etc. I've always wanted to be different. I want sleeves...which NO ONE seems to have... And I want it to look vintage yet modern. And this dress I picked is all of the above! Can't go into much details...don't want the FI to see! Also, the place I went to Brides by Demetrios...was so clean and so nice. And its ONE designer, so they have a HUGE variety. The lady who helped me, Margie...was such a doll! She treated me like a Queen. She pulled dresses that she thought suited my style (And shortness..) And catered to my every need. She also was so personable. We talked the whole time. She was absolutely fabulous!

Grams offered to pay for my dress as my wedding present. She is so sweet! I am so lucky to have such a great family.

We have a 2nd appointment next Friday to (hopefully) purchase the dress. But then I have to wait 6-8 months for it! That is such a long time!

Everything is becoming more real everyday...it's crazy. But also SO exciting! We have 10 months to go...and exactly 302 more days! :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's a funny blog. Too I'm excited about your dress shopping.